Cats can get a bad rap. But despite their tendency to be a bit….unpredictable, there’s really nothing better than when these snuggly furballs decide to curl up on your lap. If you’re not getting those kitty cuddles you crave, try tempting your tabby with one of these delicious tuna treats.
- 1 can of tuna in oil, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups of flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup water
- dash of parsley
- bottle cap for cutting out treats
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Combine the tuna, egg, flour, water, and parsley in a food processor to make the dough. If you don’t have a food processor, just a regular mixing bowl and a little extra arm strength will work. If your dough seems too sticky, add some extra flour.
- Sprinkle your flat surface with flour and roll the dough out to 1/2″ thick.
- Use your bottle cap like a cookie cutter to stamp out little round treats.
- Place your treats on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool off and watch your cat go crazy. The treats should be good for a few weeks if kept in a sealed container like a mason jar.
Your cat won’t be able to resist the fishy appeal of these tasty treats. Don’t let them get their paws on too many, though. Watch their waistline and limit them to no more than a couple per day. Shoutout to Mess For Less for this wonderful and easy recipe.
Become an Insider
Thanks for subscribing!
Oops! Something went wrong.