All cats are different. Some love to nap and snuggle, others prefer running and playing, and others still love doing absolutely nothing. If your cat is the type who loves toys, then you probably have a bunch lying around your house. But instead of heading to the store for your next one, you can use objects already found in your house to make something fun for your furry friend. Here are a few ideas:
- Empty cardboard toilet paper roll
- Cat treat
- Markers (optional)
- Mark four, finger-width sections on the side of the toilet paper roll.
- Cut the roll to create finger-width rings.
- Insert the first ring into the second ring, then continue until you make a ball.
- Place a treat inside the ball.
- Decorate the cardboard with markers to make it look pretty.
- 2 or 3 old T-shirts
- Cat treat (optional)
- Cut each shirt on the side at its seams.
- Cut the shirt into strips that are about 3” wide and 10” long.
- Make a pile of 6 strips.
- Stretch each strip a little so the edges roll up.
- Take all 6 strips and tie them in a knot.
- If you want to make sure your cat will be interested, tuck a treat inside the knot.
- Old sock
- Pillow stuffing
- Lay some pillow stuffing out on the table.
- Sprinkle some catnip all over the stuffing.
- Fold the stuffing up and stuff it in the sock. Make sure you leave room at the top.
- Make a knot at the top so the stuffing doesn’t fall out.
Become an Insider
Thanks for subscribing!
Oops! Something went wrong.