Ever see dogs wearing flower crowns? #swoon We just had to have one! Real flowers die so we made felt flowers. Follow along for our cutest DIY yet!
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Felt, in Assorted Colors
- Sharp Fabric Scissors
- Patterns OR a Good Eye
You can make simple crowns with just a few flowers, or you can cluster many together for a bigger crown. Choose felt colors that you like together. They can be pastels or brights.
We made four basic flowers. With slight alterations, they can become many different flowers. Using the same color leaf within a crown helps to tie all the flowers together.
This flower can be used by itself or as the center to a petal flower.
- Add a line of glue to one side of a long strip of felt. The width and length depend on the size of the flower you want. We cut ours 4″ x 1″ for the petal flower centers, and 5″ x 1.5″ for the solo mum.
- Fold it in half, securing the 2 sides together with the glue.
- Make snips through the folded edge.
- Roll it up.
- Once it is rolled, squish it between your thumb and forefinger.
- Add a dot of glue for the leaf, and you’re done!
Leaf and Petal Flower
- Make a pattern in the shape of the image below.
- Cut out six colored petals and some leaves.
- Add a dot of glue.
- Pinch it.
- Flip the petal and add a dot of glue to the outer edge.
- Pinch it. Do this to six petals.
- Glue the petals to a rose or mum center. Our petals are approximately 1″ x 1”.
This flower does not need to be perfect. Remove the pressure of perfection and enjoy the moment.
- Cut a 4″circle, then cut into it, making a 1/2“ spiral into the center.
- Scallop the edge of that spiral.
- Roll the spiral, from the outside to the center, gluing (with glue gun) as you go.
- The center of the spiral makes the bottom of the flower. Glue it in place.
- Leave it as is, or add six petals and a leaf.
- Cut out twelve petals. Mine are 1 1/4″ x 3/4″.
- Put a dot of glue near the edge and pinch until dry.
- Make a mum for the center, flattening it by squishing it between your fingers, then glue it on a circle of felt.
- Glue the 12 petals around it.
- Add a leaf, and you’re done!
Build your Crown
- Cut a piece of felt for your flowers to sit on. If it’s a mini crown or neck bow, where you just have a couple of flowers, you can skip this step and glue them right on your ribbon.
- Glue your ribbon to the felt strip.
- Glue your flowers to the felt strip.
Wear it with pride.
Woofie & BeaR
Become an Insider
Thanks for subscribing!
Oops! Something went wrong.